Employment Opportunities At KW Enterprises
At KW Enterprises, we have excellent safety records and ratings. We’ve been in business since 1993, providing excavation services throughout Southern Colorado and the Four Corners region. We operate a rock quarry and a sand pit in Northern New Mexico.
In 2009, we were named "Woman-Owned Contractor of the Year" by The US Department of Agriculture for work performed for the Forest Service. We’re a family-owned business, and one of our highest priorities is to be able to offer our employees a paycheck twelve months a year, instead of the typical nine to ten months for construction cycles.
We send all of our employees through a pre-employment drug test. Our CDL drivers follow Federal DOT Regulation for further testing. All non-CDL employees follow a monthly random testing program. We annually give our employees basic first aid/CPR training provided by Heart Safe La Plata, using the 2006 new standards. Our Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) list includes, but isn’t limited to: hard hat, safety glasses, type 2 reflective vest, ear plugs (when applicable), and toe-reinforced boots.
We are currently accepting applications for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems
- Performs repairs and maintenance on electric, diesel and gasoline vehicles including semi truck, dozer, excavator, loader, motorgrader and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to routine maintenance and repair of engines, transmissions, chassis, driveline, and body components, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, suspension systems, wheels, tires, and, undercarrriages.
- Performs preventive maintenance and equipment upgrades.
- Reads and interpets equipment condition reports and/or repair orders, cumminicates with supervisor and/or operator for clarification of problems and discusses preventive techniques with operators to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage, and accounting for applied times.
- Interpets oil samples, schedules and repairs equipment components.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform overhauls on gas or diesel engines.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Fabrication and welding repairs.
- Track repairs by vendors, maintain shop supplies, and housekeeping of shop and tools.
- Demonstrates positive and a can-do attitude, confidence, endurance and ability to construcively handle conflicts.
- Requires the ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents and shop or equipment manuals.
Typical Physical Requiremets:
The following physical activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual requirements of this postion will vary.
- Lift, carry and push/pull at least 75 pounds without difficulty.
- Climb in and out of equipment
Experience, Education, Certification
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D certification and 1 year of related maintenance and repair or 4 years of related equipment maintenance and repair.
- Valid class b commercial drivers license
- Mechanical or trade school certificate.
- Certificate in electronic diagnostics.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
Representative Machines, Tools, and/or Equipment used:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust and fumes.
- Hand tools including, but not limited to, hammer, screwdriver and wrenches.
- Vehicles including, but not limited to, Excavator, Loader, Backhoe, pickup truck.
- Machines including, but not limited to, drill press, floor jacks, grinders, and welders.
Eviromental/Atmospheric Working Conditions:
- Shop enviroment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust and fumes.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
Interested applicants should fax in or email any resumes available and a completed job application provided below.